Microsoft CEO, Other Execs Bag Annual Pay Raises
Microsoft (NASDAQ: MSFT) has raised the annual pay package of its Chief Executive Officer, Satya Nadella, the company’s latest proxy statement reveals. Nadella enjoyed a substantial pay raise along with several other Microsoft executives.
- For the fiscal year ended June 30, 2021, Nadella’s compensation was $50mn, up 13% compared to the previous year. The lucrative pay package was split into a $2.5mn base salary, $33mn of stock awards, a $14mn cash bonus, and $110k in “other” compensation.
- Nadella’s pay raise was in line with other Microsoft executives, including President Brad Smith and CFO Amy Hood. They each got annual pay raises in the 20% ballpark compared to 2020.
- Satya Nadella (CEO) – $50mn.
- Amy Hood (CFO) – $23.5mn
- Brad Smith (President and Chief Legal Officer) – $20.5mn
- Jean-Philippe Courtois (Executive Vice President) – $17mn
- Christopher Young (Executive Vice President) – $28.5mn.
- Microsoft shareholders are definitely pleased with Nadella’s leadership, or at least for the fact that the software giant’s market cap has risen from sub-$400bn when he took over to $2.2 trillion currently. Contextualizing these figures, it’s easy to see why Microsoft’s board is rewarding their CEO very handsomely.