Which Tech guys made the “Most Powerful” List
Forbes just recently released its list of the world’s most powerful people and we had to study the list to fish out what we love – Technology!
We had to check for the Tech dudes on the list and guess what? There are many of them, The C.E.O’s of the world’s largest tech companies made the list, Other influential tech tycoons who don’t even head their companies anymore made the list, Let’s take a walk-through through the list starting from the top –
Starting at No 5 is Amazon C.E.O and founder Jeff Bezos:
Image credit : Insider Monkey
He takes the highest position in Technology only being surpassed by the Heads of nations of China, Russia, U.S. and Germany respectively, Jeff Bezos has spearheaded the huge growth of what Forbes describes as an e-commerce Colossus – Amazon which he founded in a garage 24 years ago, Amazon now has a market valuation of over $780 Billion and with Jeff Bezos as C.E.O is poised for hug growth in both e-commerce, cloud computing and its new physical store Amazon Go sales.
Coming after Jeff Bezos is Microsoft co-founder and former C.E.O Bill Gates who has focused on Philanthropy since retiring 10 years ago through his Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation. He s No 7 on the list.
Image credit : Insider Monkey
He owns just over 1% of the company he founded after selling and giving out a lot of his shares, He also launched the Breakthrough Energy Coalition 2 years ago along with other tech tycoons including Jack Ma, Mark Zuckerberg, LinkedIn co-founder Reid Hoffman and also Jeff Bezos.
The Breakthrough Energy Coalition started with a $1 Billion investment fund “focused on fighting climate change by investing in clean energy innovation.”
After Microsoft co-founder Bill Gates, Next on the list is Google co-founder and C.E.O Larry Page,
Image credit: Jangero
He pairs with his fellow co-founder Sergey Brin who comes at No 35 with Page himself coming at No 10, The Duo co-founded Google 20 years ago while they were graduate students at Stanford University, He was C.E.O of the company for 3 years and stepped down until he took the reigns as C.E.O of its parent company Alphabet after a re-organization.
Alphabet had revenues of $110.8 Billion last year and currently has a market value of over $750 Billion+.
Coming after them respectively includes ;
- Facebook co-founder/CEO Mark Zuckerberg at No 13
- Alibaba co-founder/CEO Jack Ma at No 21
- Apple CEO Tim Cook at No 24
- Tesla co-founder /SpaceX CEO Elon Musk at No 25
- Tencent co-founder/CEO Ma Huateng at No 27
- Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella at No 40
- Softbank Corp Founder/CEO Masayoshi Son notable for the $100 Billion Softbank Vision Fund of which $35 Billion was invested last year across 100 deals with the company already reaping huge profits from its Nvidia and Flipkart Stakes
- Baidu co-founder/CEO Robin Li
- Dell Technologies founder/CEO Michael Dell and
- Lastly Netflix Founder/CEO Reed Hastings